[ale] OT: Forget Comcast, I wanna move to Germany!

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 5 15:39:32 EDT 2007

It was an illegal request and therefore an illegal collusion IMO.

Letting the government say "this was between us and a corporation" is
specious at best.  It is "searching" the records that YOU own because it
is about YOU not about the corporation and this is in fact prohibited.
The government can't search your home saying "We know some people are
criminals and by searching all homes we can find who they are".   The
government could bypass all laws by simply using corporations as proxies
to do so.   What if they decided to make "agreements" with Home
Owner's/Condo associations or Apartment Management companies to bypass
laws?

Wild accusations without facts?  You're implying AT&T did NOT turn over
records?  If they didn't then why didn't they deny it like everyone else
and why did they feel the need to change their policy?

You seem to take a lot of umbrage at the suggestion.  Do you have stock
in AT&T?

I note you also ignored what I said about the discussion not starting
out as one about "law".   You seem to focus on this because you can't
challenge the underlying assumption that people you PAY for a service do
not become the arbiters of information about that service.