[ale] OT: Forget Comcast, I wanna move to Germany!

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 5 14:23:41 EDT 2007

Based on that logic your Doctor should be able to tell anyone he wants
that you have herpes.   You were in his office and used his diagnostic
tools to find out about it.

The "network" they "own" is interconnected and regulated by the
Government.  The "bandwidth" for wireless is also owned by "the people"
and licensed rather than owned by them.   Even the landline uses
"public" right of way so is not truly "owned" by them either.  For all
these reasons telecom is and should be regulated.   They are selling a
"service" to me - that does NOT give them the right to reveal details of
how I use that "service" to third parties without my consent in the
absence of the due process provided for in the Constitution for
obtaining warrants.