[ale] OT: Forget Comcast, I wanna move to Germany!

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Wed Apr 4 16:40:00 EDT 2007

On 4/4/2007 at 4:27 PM Jay Finch wrote:

>So (if I'm understanding things correctly) how would you like
>to pay a 50% (or higher) tax rate in order to have those advanced
>services?? I'll take my 25% bracket (for now, unless we get a
>consumption-based tax like FairTax) and be happy for now. :)

Actually, it's a 25% income tax, plus a sales tax.  That's not counting all the embedded taxes in services and products.  I'd rather pay tax knowing exactly what the tax is rather than have to pay artficially government-inflated prices (which also reduces innovation and advancement).

That's one of the reasons that these services can be offered for less money.  And if it weren't efficient, then the EU members and most Asian countries wouldn't be faring better than us currently.

So, yes, I'd rather pay the 50% and thereby actually save money. ;c)

Cheers,
Robert~