[ale] best firmware for Linksys wrt54gl?

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Tue Apr 3 08:18:56 EDT 2007

On Tuesday 03 April 2007 08:02:14 am Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Yeah, what Mike said. ?OpenWRT was painless. ?One word of advice: Setup
> the wrt54gl before you install OpenWRT. ?OpenWRT install will read your
> current config and set itself up accordingly.

I guess I'm in the dark here, why do you need to run a 3rd party app on top of
a wireless router?
I have a netgear router, and my Kubuntu laptop connects to it ( ok, only in
open mode..), and I use the web interface from my SUSE desktop to administer
it. what else do you do withOpenWRT??

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800