[ale] cups printer admin

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Mon Apr 2 22:09:52 EDT 2007

Somewhere around 2003 CUPS had a change in security policy.  Ever since, I have not been able to get it to be as robust.  Your right the docs suck big time too.  Now, EasyPrint Software will sell a version of CUPS with tons of printer drivers and will do more if the price is right.  So, companies can get support thru them.  I've used the commercial software and it works and is easy to use.  I'm sorry I can't help.  Can you add the user via sudo for the cancel command?
Dow