[ale] HOW2 install BellSouth DSL with a USB link ratherthan Ethernet ?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 30 16:21:15 EDT 2006

On Sat, 2006-09-30 at 13:21 -0400, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thanks so much.
>
> I got no manual with the Westell, so can you tell me how to change the modem
> from bridge to router  ?

Ouch.  I don't recall and I no longer have mine.  However, this page
seems to explain what I do now remember:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware/reviews/2004/q3/westell-proline-6000.asp

So, when you plug your PC into the Westell, your PC gets an IP address
(something like 192.168.1.100), then open up a webbrowser to
http://192.168.1.1 and you can configure the Westell all sorts of ways,
including connect on-demand, NAT, port forwarding, etc.

-Jim P.