[ale] mailing list: a modest proposal

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 13:36:45 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 12:42 -0400, briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net wrote:
> That would cut the administration tasks considerably...

I don't really think that it's the administrativa that's the
problem...it's satisfying the individual wishes of the membership that
presents the problem. ;-)

In a whole other world I provide some mailinglists for a few
non-profits.  The problems expressed on ALE don't appear over there for
a few reasons, chiefly because those lists are "topic" based.  That is
to say that each of those lists deal with specific topics, products, or
services.  Over here, ALE is many things to many different
personalities.  I suspect that no moderation effort will succeed short
of having a super-strict top-down effort which in the end will drive
away more folks than it attracts.

-Jim P.