[ale] HOW2 install BellSloth DSL for Linux ?

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Thu Sep 28 18:07:30 EDT 2006

I just set this up for a client (on HellSouth near Conyers).

0. Consider paying about $5/mo for a static IP
1. Get Ethernet modem, not USB
2. VERY IMPORTANT: have 'em NOT do NAT'ing; you DO want your Linux box
   to do the firewalling and, maybe, operate some network daemons
3. Roaring Penguin PPPoE

Btw, we were using Slackware.  I'll be switching to this myself as soon
as I have time.

Bob