[ale] MySQL Replication Question

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Sep 28 07:44:03 EDT 2006

With the help of Sid and the ALE-NW Presentation in July I've finally
gotten around to setting up replication.  I've got one customer who has
bought hardware so we can replicate his data.  So far it is working and
I'm in the process of writing perl scripts to monitor the replication
and notify him when there are failures.

One thing our system does is contact each customer's server via ssh and
does a mysqldump every morning at 3am.  I would like to do replication
instead.  Is it possible to create one slave and have it replicate from
many masters?