[ale] Automatic moderation for ALE?

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Sep 28 01:51:01 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 16:51, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Just enable inbound throttling per user on the ale.org MX.  2 posts per
> hour should be a good start.
>
>    http://policyd.sourceforge.net/
>
> Seriously, does anybody thing that manual moderation, or automatic
> message parsing, will work?

heh-heh!  Not me!
... but I was likewise contemplating the suggestion that list users be limited
to posting only [number] messages per [arbitrary time frame].  It might at
least reduce the "me-too" and "heh-heh" posts that seem to be the most recent
source of complaint.

> Just look at how much bandwidth these "Moderation" threads have
> spawned. ;-)

And worse is that most have become redundant, self referential adendums that
just re-state the obvious!
:-)

peace
aaron