[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Sep 27 11:59:37 EDT 2006

I'm as guilty as anyone of the "cute response" but being a new member
saw that occurring so thought it was the culture of this list.  I can
see arguments on both sides.

All of this seems to be mainly based on a flame war that occurred 2
years ago (as discussed earlier here and in the Ale NW meeting last
week).   Based on the discussion earlier it appears it was mainly one
individual.  Perhaps moderating (e.g. kicking them off the list for
flames or verifying who they really are before allowing them to post for
the first time) would be more to the point.  It seems that might even be
less work for list administrators.