[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 19:00:41 EDT 2006

I understand what those emails generally are for. But this list has an
unusually high volume of them. Almost one per week if not more. When I
don't get email from a mailing list, one I know I am still subscribed
to, I assume there just isn't any traffic on it at that time. Someone
sent a ping email to the Unreal admins list a few days ago and got
railed for it (really, no pun intended there). I think we are a bit
too lenient here when it comes to them.

I don't even read them, so I have no idea what happened with the one
today. I figured it was just more of the same and deleted it. When the
subject turned into a "was ping now such and such" thread I was
astonished. Not enough to actually read the thread, but still amazed
to see a ping thread turn into a thread that might have some sort of
relevance.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/