[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Sep 26 18:59:12 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 16:48 -0400, Jerald Sheets wrote:

>  ** The Problem **

> ** Evaluation **
>

> curses.
>

> ** The Solution **
>

> ** The Layout **

I humbly applaud the considerable effort that went into this well
written document (that I so glibly edited into near nothingness).

As ALE is a purely volunteer gaggle of technophiles, I don't see
moderation as a viable solution.

However the formation of ale-chat is an excellent idea. Once done, all
regular ale threads that stray too far from tech topics should be able
to be politely and quickly diverted over to the ale-chat group and the
free-for-all continued there.

I would like to be added to that list as well as sometimes a good flame
war is fun to fan just to watch the forehead veins straining until big
ol' DELETE key gets used. <cue evil laughter>

I would not like to see the expected progression of moderator burnout
that the proposed ale solution would entail.

I would certainly not like to BE the moderator.

--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>