[ale] google spreadsheet is pretty cool

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 10:28:03 EDT 2006

I think others were "logged in", but that I was the only one actively editing.

It seems that each time you move from cell to cell the data is sync'ed
back to the main google server.

If for some reason the sync fails for a few seconds, it aborts and the
edit is lost.  (Or IIRC you can change to a degraded read-only mode,
but I have not tried that and I'm not sure how you revert to full
read/write.

Alternatively, you can disable sync and require manual saves, but that
sounds bad on a shared spreadsheet.  Maybe if you had someother scheme
in place to ensure no edit collisions taking place.  ie. Person A can
make edits in the morning and Person B can maked edits in the evening.

Greg