[ale] HOW2 go -> wireless & connect PC to theinternetthrough cell phone ?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 25 16:00:12 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 14:19 -0400, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Thank you for your patience in all this and pardon my ignorance, but...

:-) First, sorry for any confusion, I'm on cold medication.

> it's not clear to me what's goin' on. I don't understand why, if I
> understand correctly,
> anyone would pay $13 to transfer a mere 4MB.

Just to be clear this is GPRS, but it's not really marketed like true
GPRS service.  It is basically cellphone WAP rates/pricing, not a
service like EDGE, etc.  The reason I pay $13 for 4MB is because I don't
want to pay $60 for unlimited when I only use ~2MB. :-)

> Also, I don't know anything about a softmodem and how all this fits into
> your usage.

Sorry, I meant cellular modem.  I do have a softmodem problem that I've
been working on, but that's for another thread.

-Jim P.