[ale] HOW2 go -> wireless & connect PC to the internet through cell phone ?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 24 18:00:53 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-09-24 at 17:42 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> If yes, how much does the wireless phone, connection and hardware cost
> per month  ?
>
> With whom  ?

I use my basic Cingular phone to make GPRS connections from my laptop.
I use GPRS Easy Connect (http://easyconnect.linuxuser.hu).

The cost is an additional $12.99 (for 4MB/month) to my normal cellphone
bill, the speed is acceptable when I'm somewhere where there is no other
connection options available.  My account is a former AT&T Wireless
account that is in transition to a true Cingular account.  Once the
transition is complete I will be able to get a better voice/data package
plan.

-Jim P.