[ale] recommended personal DSL provider for Alpharetta ?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 16:23:30 EDT 2006

I was paying $59.95/mo for 3Mbs/384Kbs service from Speedfactory
(their old pricing for a static IP and unfiltered ports with all taxes
and fees included). On top of that I was paying Bellsouth $38.95/mo
for basic phone service with caller-id; no long distance, or anything
else. Just caller-id. I _had_ to have Bellsouth service in order to
get DSL through Speedfactory. So, in essense, I was paying $100/mo
just for internet connectivity. I really wanted to stay with DSL so I
looked at Speakeasy. Their naked "OneLink" DSL service is $55.95/mo
for 1.5Mbs/384Kbs. Why would I pay essentially the same price for
slower downstream DSL? Opting to go with cable, I will be paying about
$35/mo for a 3Mbs/384Kbs cable connection and $15/mo for Vonage's
basic VoIP service. That's $50/mo for internet and phone service with
many more features than the $40 service from Bellsouth. So, I don't
really consider Speakeasy a deal when it comes to the bills every
month. I am quite sure they are a deal when it comes to needing
customer service. But on a college student/worker budget, I can't
afford that convenience.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/