[ale] recommended personal DSL provider for Alpharetta ?

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 24 15:54:29 EDT 2006

On Sunday 24 September 2006 15:34, James Sumners wrote:
> That sums it up pretty well. The difference between Speedfactory and
> Speakeasy is that Speedfactory is a regional ISP (Alabama/Georgia). By
> all acconts, the service from each is equal and I've heard Atlantic
> Nexus (an Atlanta area only ISP) is on par with the both of them. I'm
> not sure why Speakeasy is more expensive, though; their pricing is the
> sole reason I have never gone with them. It is possible to get
> equivalent service through local DSL providers.

I'm not sure Speakeasy is so expensive. Right now, I get POTS and DSL from
BellSouth at about $75 a month (price drop after one year of doing business
with them). In addition to that, I pay another $79 to T-Mobile to get
cellular service for me and my wife. Guess what? I don't particularly need or
want POTS. If I get the naked DSL service from Speakeasy, I'm paying $55.95 a
month for Internet minus POTS. Looks like a saving to me.