[ale] Bind postfix to one address

Keith Bastin kbastin at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 22 11:27:34 EDT 2006

Hello James, Good to hear from you again.

The postfix config file  /etc/postfix/main.cf has an entry for
inet_interfaces. "all" is the syntax to listen on all interfaces,
default is the lopback address 127.0.0.1 and you can either give it a
string of ipaddresses to listen on or ethernet devices (keep in mind
that with kernel 2.6 and later default ethernet device names may be
assigned differently on reboot as they are labeled when initialized);
You can also use a host name

Samples:
inet_interfaces=all
inet_interfaces=eth0,eth1