[ale] Bind postfix to one address

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Sep 22 08:28:23 EDT 2006

I'm trying to do something which I'm hoping is within the functionality of postfix.

I have multiple addresses bound to a NIC.

I have postfix running as the store and forward part of a spam filter.
On the same box I have my primary smtp gateway.

I want postfix to bind exclusively to one address be able to forward smtp traffic to my primary gateway, which is bound to another address on the same box.

I know how to bind my primary exclusively to an address, but I haven't been able to figure out how to do the same with postfix.
I assume this can be done.  I was doing on my old server with a different mta/smtp agent.

What I've seen so far seems to indicate an smtp_bind_address entry in main.cf, but I don't know where it goes and what the syntax is.... assuming that's the right solution..

Any thoughts on this?

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.