[ale] alternate boot using GRUB or others?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 11:43:28 EDT 2006

great. Thanks, Richard. This should work for me, since kernel is not in yet
in my case. Recently, I VMed my real linux boot into a VMWare guest running
on XP host. As a result, the real boxen and the VMed linux share the same
grub.conf but have different ideas on which is hd (1,0) and which is
hd(0,0).

Shame on me, I should have RTFMed. wait, I did read man page but it doesn't
say anything about fallback. The info page does. ...sigh... time for me to
move on. I disliked the GNU's move from man to info and still read my man
pages, aware of caveat they may not be as updated as their  info
counterparts.  hadn't ran into trouble until now! wonder how many people
truly like the info page besides whoever manages them.