[ale] car audio mp3 player (how to make disks)

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 19 02:38:11 EDT 2006

The sound unit in my car is a fairly recent unit that is supposed to not only be able
to play regular CDs but is also supposed to be able to play MP3 audio disks. The
problem is I have not been able to verify how to make these. Is it just a matter
of writing a directory full of MP3 files to a CD as if I was just making a data disk
or is there some special directory layout I need to follow?

My home DVD player (RCA unit) is also supposed to be able to play MP3 disks
as well but again I am unfamilair with exactly what the layout and format these
"MP3 disks" are supposed to take.

Any suggestions from this group?