[ale] Earthlink Email Issues

Jason Fritcher jkf at wolfnet.org
Sat Sep 16 23:58:33 EDT 2006

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> I'm about to scream!  I've had it with Earthlink always having issues
> with their mail servers.  Does anyone here actually know why this keeps
> happening?
>
> http://buford.linxdev.com/email.html

I work for Earthlink, on the other side of the cube wall from the guys who maintain the mail code. I looked at that ticket number you posted and followed the activity trail on it, and the problem is being addressed. Off the record, the problem is the mail server returning the wrong status code to a failed db lookup. Instead of returning a 4xx error, its returning a 5xx error. Unfortunately, not being a part of the mail team, I can't tell you how long it will take to get a fix pushed into production.

--
 Jason K. Fritcher
  jkf at wolfnet.org

pub  1024D/85D1A012 2003-03-04 Jason K. Fritcher <jkf at wolfnet.org>
     Key fingerprint = AFA3 B816 DECD AC49 4B40  0C28 38F8 83E0 85D1 A012