[ale] Random list stuff

S C C scc4fun at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 12:08:30 EDT 2006

I, too, am a new subscriber and have learned quite a bit. I have not even
installed linux on my computer yet, but have only used Knoppix and (K)Ubuntu
LiveCDs. I have some issues I need to deal with before I take the full
plunge.
I'm sorry that the list has not been stimulating for you, but I hope it will
be for me and the rest of us that are here to gain and share knowledge. I
have learned quite a few things already, but hope to learn more through the
coming weeks/months/years(?).

Sean Craig

On 9/14/06, Step <random4444 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm sorry to hear that.  Thanks for all you've done for the list.  As a
> new subscriber and learner, I've yet to contribute much of value at all.  I
> certainly hope to change that, though I don't know that I'll ever contribute
> near what you have.
>
> Thanks again for keeping the list up.
>

> On 9/14/06, Chris Farris <chris at vitalpowers.com> wrote:
> >
> > Well, not so random I suppose.
> >
> > As my last, probably too hastily written - and certainly ruder than
> > should have been, email indicated, I find very little value in reading
> > the ALE list these days.
> >
> > I'll be unsubscribing and turning over list admin duties to Geoff
> > Meyers. If there is an issue with the list, contact him.
> >
> > As for the random issues with the list, I think I found someone who had
> > a rogue CGI that was misbehaving. Since chmodding the script to 0000 the
> > list has been behaving much better.
> >
> > Geoff, contact me offlist if you don't still have the pw to the ale
> > admin site.
> >
> > Chris
> >
> > --
> > Chris Farris                            chris at vitalpowers dot com
> > The Exercise of Vital Powers            404 806 1403
> > http://www.vitalpowers.com

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mohandas Gandhi