[ale] Software Freedom Day

Brian D. Pitts bpitts at LearnLink.Emory.Edu
Sat Sep 9 19:00:07 EDT 2006

Software Freedom Day (http://softwarefreedomday.org/) is a global,
grassroots effort to educate the public about the virtues and availability
of free and open source software. This year it is being held Saturday,
September 16th, but Emory Free Culture (http://emory.freeculture.org) is
staging an event the day before to better reach the Emory community. We'd
love to have the assitance of ALE members. Here are some of the tasks
we're working on.

Before:
Designing and distributing flyers in the Emory area
Burning copies of Ubuntu CDs (which also includes Windows versions of
FLOSS)
Setting up laptops for software demonstrations
Issuing press releases

Day of:
Setuping up a table in the commons area of the Dobbs University Center
(http://legacymap.emory.edu/front?P_TYPE=DETAIL&P_BLDGID=1010)
Manning the display in shifts from 10AM to 2PM (a very high-traffic time)

If you can help in one or more of these areas, please contact me off-list
at bpitts AT emory DOT edu. Our biggest needs currently are for modern
laptops and solid press contacts.

Thanks,
Brian Pitts