[ale] Trustix Secure Linux

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 10:54:18 EDT 2006

Just browsing the package repository search on trustix.org, I notice
that it is an RPM based distribution. I've never found RPM based
distros to be "easily maintained". SuSE has YaST which does a pretty
damn good job, but I still find it lacking as compared to
apt-get/dpkg. Personally, I prefer Debian/Stable for servers. Indeed,
I am using the current Debian/Stable for basically the same thing at
home. It doesn't store files but it does run samba to act as the WINS.
The machine manages all other aspects of my network as well.

But, if you're more familiar with Red Hat (as it seems to be based on
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trustix), give it a shot.