[ale] uptime, cool--New topic, keeping power on

Brian D. Pitts bpitts at LearnLink.Emory.Edu
Mon Sep 4 17:57:42 EDT 2006

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org> writes:
>Unused? Wha?!!
The trick is that no given computer is necessarily used for a lengthy period of
time.

>The BEST time to power down and unplug is just before the lightning
>storm runs over the house! And by unplug I mean remove ALL cables from
>the back of the system and all network switches.
I'm semi-confident in my secondhand APC UPS. Is there a low-cost surge
protector I could purchase for ethernet?

-Brian