[ale] Ubuntu Edgy? Anyone?

fd0man™—The Magical Floppy Man fd0man at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 13:44:02 EDT 2006

Is anyone here using Ubuntu Edgy?

If so...

Dapper supported something where you could directly input Unicode
characters by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Unicode Code Point.  However, I cannot
do this under Edgy.  Would anyone know why that is?  I really like the
ability to type "properly."  I have (almost) the same keyboard layout,
though they have obsoleted us_intl apparently, so I have a new version
of that, and I do not know if maybe that has something to do with it.
However, I cannot type anything that is not on the keyboard layout
anymore, which means that proper open/close quotes (both single and
double) are out, as are em dashes, en dashes, and anything else that I
may want to use in my writing.  This is frustrating!

Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Mike

--