[ale] another CUPS issue

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 3 06:44:39 EDT 2006

I'm running Kubuntu here. My printer was configured and working before. But
now whenever I try to configure my printer, KDE's print setup tools tell me
that CUPS isn't installed. It is installed and cupsd is running. If I try to
go to the CUPS admin interface at localhost:631, it never comes up. Some
other tools complain about not finding foomatic-db. That's also installed.
The Gnome cups tool is installed and it seems to have less trouble in
locating the CUPS daemon, but it still takes forever.  I'm wondering if I
shouldn't just rip out the CUPS deb package and build CUPS from source.