[ale] Losing stability

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 13:40:35 EST 2006

Heck, I ain't going to make it out to Fry's 'til next Saturday or so. And a
positive finding from memtest86 would be a useful datum. I just downloaded &
burned the CD and can slap it on my machine tonight without too much pain.
So for me it's a reasonable bet.  I'll also open the machine (again) and
look MB and possibly the video card over for burned caps, although from what
I've read that's not too definitive either, since they can be blown without
outside symptoms. Again, a positive diagnosis would be useful, even though a
negative finding doesn't necessarily show that there ain't a problem.

Thanks for your help. More when I know more.

-- CHS