[ale] How can I run *.jnlp (Java apps) from Firefox?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 23:42:52 EDT 2006

You can do this -- http://wiki.linuxquestions.org/wiki/Mozilla#Java_webstart .

But I distinctly remember only adding javaws to my path the last time
I needed to run a java applet that depended on it. I figure the java
plugin looks for it in the path and fails to run a javaws applet if it
cannot find javaws in the path. If Firefox tries to download the file
and you tell it to execute the file with javaws you are essentially
adding javaws to your path for Firefox only.