[ale] Has anyone ulocked the secrets of IRC?

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Oct 26 15:50:02 EDT 2006

I was trying to join the #svn channel on irc.freenode.org today and was
totally frustrated.  I'm using kvirc and when I did the join I got a
message saying I had to register first and gave me a web page to read.
The page said to register by entering a number of /msg commands, so I
did a connect to the server followed by a number of the /msg messages
starting with /msg register ...
After about 30 seconds I got about as many replies to my /msg commnads
stating I had to register first.  DAMN IT, that's what I was trying to do.

I have to say, I've been thoroughly confused by irc for years.  It's the
one part of the internet I've never quite gotten right.

Oh well,

Jim.