[ale] if 'dpkg' is removed, will this entirely disable all up-dating/grading & apt-get functions ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 22 22:56:30 EDT 2006

Then, am I correct in assuming that your answer is ...YES !

That is, if I remove dpkg then I'm through installing. Period.
Except by a reinstallation, by which I take you to mean......
the entire OS.

I find this idea astonishing, i.e. that the architects of this
distribution would design-in or at least permit such a
disastrous consequence.

How could dpkg ever be upgraded if that were the case ?

Hoping you're wrong  :-)

Courtney