[ale] HOW2 link a partition to another disk's partition ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 19 21:20:59 EDT 2006

Randal,

Thank you for your reply...

I know umounting will let me apparently do what I'm seeking, but only
apparently, in that... I get the link but lose the diskspace.

What I'm tryin' to do, though am clearly not bein' clear  :-) is:

1-NOT lose the empty space on /drive1/home when I delete home, i.e.
I want to recapture the space on drive1 when I delete /home

How can I recapture the freed-up space
on /drive1 as an extension of /, so that
when I'm, say, compiling, that this space
will then be available for the purpose   ?

2-have a link from what was /drive1/home to /drive2/home which would
maintain the functionality but on another drive, i.e.

ln -s /drive2/home /drive1/ln->/drive2/home

Is the best way  ?

Gratefully,

Courtney