[ale] very bid device

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Oct 19 16:30:40 EDT 2006

I just partitioned a 5.2TB disk and had some issues.  The first problem
I had was that fdisk  complained about no cylinders.  It also only saw
2.0TB.  The 2nd problem was that the kernel kept reporting this message
"very big device, try READ CAPACITY(16)".

I was able to partition using parted instead of fdisk.  I then formatted
using xfs and saw all disk space.  Am I clear?  Do I need to do anything
about that message in the kernel log?  How can I use fdisk instead of
parted?

Chris