[ale] OT: Still can't access mozilla.org

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Oct 19 11:58:27 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 11:07 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

> On 10/19/06, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
>         On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 10:07 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
>         > www.mozilla.org is up.
>         >
>         > What happens if you try nslookup www.mozilla.org or host
>         www.mozilla.org
>         > from the command line?
>         >
>         > These should resolve the IP address which I see as
>         63.245.209.11.  If
>         > they don't its likely a lookup issue.
>         >
>         > Is this the only external site you can't hit?
>
>         As far as I know it's the only site I can't get to. However I
>         just tried
>         it again and I am able to get there. I did try switching DNS
>         hosts, I
>         wonder if by chance that the one I was using may have gotten
>         corrupted?
>

> nslookup allows you to specify a dns server on the command line.
>
> So if your curious you could interrogate you new DNS server and your
> old and see if they are giving you the same IP.

Interestingly I tried that using my original dns, which I have gone back
to: 64.94.1.1 or 64.94.1.33 which gets back the IPs you listed also dns
@ IP 4.2.2.1 gives back the same, but both of Emory's at 170.140.1.1 &
170.140.2.1 indicated that it couldn't find www.mozilla.org or .com
and Speakeasy's dns were unavailable, didn't try earthlink or
bellslouth.