[ale] temp high speed

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 11:05:02 EDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Danny Cox <DCox at icc.net> wrote:

> David,
>
> On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 10:29 -0400, David Hamm wrote:
> > I have about 600megs, on CD, in need of transfer to another part of the
> > country.  Does anyone know where I could find a vendor willing to copy
> the CD
> > onto an ftp server for the day.
>
>         Gmail?  Okay, it's not ftp.... ;-)

Gmail only gives you a few minutes to send an e-mail with attachments.  I
don't know if it will allow a 600 MB attachment, but if it does you would
have to have a huge pipe to get it to them fast enough.

If its not urgent the best solution is probably a truck.  (ie USPS/UPS).
USPS will deliver a CD for not much money at all.  Think about how many
Netflix sends around.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer