[ale] [semi-OT] A local lurker de-lurks.

Pope jonnyX jonnyx at mindspring.com
Thu Oct 19 03:46:35 EDT 2006

Howdy,

I used to attend the Nashville Linux Users Group (NLUG) meetings until I moved to Atlanta a few years ago. Unfortunately, my work schedule as a sysadmin at a local webhosting firm and my stint with Google didn't allow me to attend more than a few ALE or AUUG meetings; I'm sorry I never really got to hang out with you folks.

After a dozen years, I'm leaving the IT world & returning to college in Florida so I can finish up a couple of non-IT degrees. I've been getting rid of a lot of stuff recently to make my move easier.

I have a ton of O'Reilly and other Unix/BSD/Solaris books, plus sets of Linux Journal and SysAdmin magazine that need a good home.

They were originally all going up to a computer convention in Nashville this weekend that's sponsored in part by NLUG (see http://phreaknic.info for more info, if interested), as there was talk of NLUG buying them to add to their library, but that apparently fell through. I'd don't particularly want to haul a lot of boxes up to the convention and spend the whole weekend hawking goods, so it was suggested that I approach the various Atlanta groups & see if they had any interest in adding stuff to their libraries (or possibly *starting* libraries, especially for newbies). If neither ALE or AUUG are interested, I'm open to selling the collection bit by bit to individuals.

If it's OK, I'll post a detailed list of items in a followup message. If it's not OK, feel free to contact me privately for more info.

Thanks for your attention.

--

||  ___\ \/ /  ||  comments/criticisms/death-threats may be sent to:   ||
||  \__ \  /   ||             jonnyx at mindspring dot com             ||