[ale] [Slightly OT] Emacs question.

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Oct 18 09:21:39 EDT 2006

Actually it is on topic.  Personally I never load emacs anywhere (no
matter how much developers beg) but it is certainly a Unix/Linux utility
available in the world.
FYI:  It is available for Unix (in fact one system I used to work on the
vendor loaded emacs and taught me to use it for doing customizations of
their code) and that was back in the early 90s.

The main benefit most developers tell me about when they want it is
"multiple windows" but since we can open multiple PuTTY or xterms this
has never seemed a good selling point to me.