[ale] [Slightly OT] Emacs question.

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 22:26:17 EDT 2006

Marvin, International Martian of Mystery wrote:
> Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> <stuff>
>
> I just have to ask:
>
> Why is an emacs question off-topic?  While emacs isn't exclusive to
> linux, it is one of the premier apps/editors included in most distros.
> It would seem to me that questions about any app that runs on linux
> would be relevant to a linux list.

I didn't think it was completely off-topic, but because it seems that
majority of the people like (g)vi(m), if I recall correctly; and vi is
truly a part of Unix-like systems (which Emacs isn't, even though the
FSF wished it were), I figured it was slightly off-topic.  It was a
highly Emacs-specific question, and I figured I would rather err on the
side of safety as opposed to not.  :-)

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.