[ale] mke2fs won't take some features reported by 'tune2fs -l'

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 11:56:39 EDT 2006

 On a latest CentOS 4.4, 'tune2fs -l' reported "ext_attr resize_inode
needs_recovery" in 'file system features'. They are extra, in that they are
undocumented on mke2fs's man page or supported by "mke2fs -O".   My question
is whether recovery efforts using 'mke2fs -S' or -n be affected with these
features not provided to or taken by 'mke2fs' command.
There were some related e2fsprogs discussions on Redhat's ext3-users list
earlier this year. If these features are on by default on RHEL/FC, I guess
it won't matter then.