[ale] Win ODBC --> Linux postgreSQL

Allan Metts ametts2 at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 11 11:42:17 EDT 2006

At 08:47 AM 10/11/2006, Bob Kruger wrote:
>I have some experience with Postgresql and ODBC, but not with SSH involved.

ssh as a tunnel *should* be transparent to both ODBC and postgresql
in this case.

>I am not trying to be insulting, but in eliminating some of the
>simple stuff, can you verify that the version of Postgres tha tyou
>are dealing with was compiled with ODBC support?

These were rpm installations of postgresql and postgresql-odbc from
the fedora repository.  The fact that isql from the unixODBC package
can connect locally to the postgresql installation tells me that ODBC
is working properly on the server side, I think...

A----