[ale] Connection Reset by Peer -- getting on my nerves

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Oct 10 11:11:20 EDT 2006

Jeff Lightner wrote:
> Or it might be something much simpler like a shell timeout.
>
> Type "echo $TMOUT" and check that the value is either not set or set to
> 0.  (Assuming you're running a Bourne or Korn shell variant like bash.)

Nope... No shell timeout.

The router/switch being used is a Linksys, with OpenWRT firmware.  *shrugs*

I will have to check out the SSH keep-alive thing that Michael Still
mentioned.  That might help for this -- I was able to keep an open link
longer if I simply pressed space and backspace every so often while my
script was doing its work.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.