[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 7 00:04:00 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 22:07 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> Since you don't live near me, you're probably running over different
> equipment than mine.  Note that my problem stopped for a year or two
> and then resumed.  MY hardware didn't change.

I do live near you, at least I thought I did.  You still right down the
road in Decatur, right?  I'm over in Va-Highlands.

Lots of things happen without hardware changing.  Things get old and
less reliable, not-100%-destructive power spikes happen, corrosion
builds on coax connectors, etc., etc.   I'm not doubting that you had a
problem.  I do doubt that everybody near you, including yourself, had a
problem that still exists and that comcast can't resolve.

-Jim P.