[ale] New Mailing List ... the thread that wouldn't die

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Oct 3 09:23:08 EDT 2006

FYI.
Last night I went to AUUG (Atlanta Unix Users' Group) and just for the
heck of it asked if anyone was on the ale list as they discuss Linux a
lot during the pre-session.  One person said he was but only grudgingly.
I then asked how many had heard of the ale list and several hands shot
up.  Finally I asked how many had unsubscribed due to OT posts and most
of the same hands stayed up.

>From that informal poll it does seem that many professional SysAdmins do
tend to stay away from the list even if they are doing Linux
administration and Jerald was expressing a valid concern when he brought
this subject up.