[ale] External USB drive is detected as /dev/sda and /dev/sda1

Chris Paquin paquin at alltel.net
Mon Oct 2 08:59:48 EDT 2006

Here you go.

[root at jupiter ~]# cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

   3     0  160086528 hda
   3     1     104391 hda1
   3     2  157943047 hda2
   3     3    2032222 hda3
   3    64   29316672 hdb
   3    65   29310561 hdb1
   8     0   40146623 sda
   8     1   40136008 sda1

Sounds like Justin is correct about the partitions. However my camera
and jumpdrive do not behave in the same manner.