[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Oct 1 10:07:07 EDT 2006

My brother-in-law has comcast and has a cimilar problem.  He plays
Battlefield 2 for the PS2 online.  It does not matter what server he picks, it does not matter the link quality of the server, he still gets
disconnected in the middle of a game.  He told me on average it is between
5-6 miuntes of playing.  Every game he tries it will eventually hang and
then BF2 will give him a message that the server has disconnected.  A google
showed me a thread on this problem but no resolution.  At first I thought it
was the fact that he had the VOIP setup with the VOIP router/modem that was
going stupid on NAT connections after N minutes.  Would make no sense though
since he would be constantly sending data during a game.  I was thinking about
intalling a wireless router onto his modem so that other machines could
use the Internet because now he has to have the PS2 plugged directly
into the modem.  The modem only has 4 connectors.  Power, CableTV (Coax), RJ11 (ATA), Cat5 (Ethernet).