[ale] PHP, MySQL, WordPress

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Sun Oct 1 01:33:52 EDT 2006

On Sun, Oct 01, 2006 at 01:19:45AM -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> It *sounds* like your Apache server is not knowing how to handle PHP files.
>
> Check first to see that you have the following two lines somewhere in
> your Apache configuration:
>
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps

Thanks Mike.  I do have these lines, and I can get apache to render a
simple PHP file.  It's just the MySQL connection that has mysteriously
vanished.

I tried this simple PHP file:

<?php

if ( !extension_loaded('mysql') )
    die('blah');
?>

And it printed "blah" on the screen.  Next I tried this:

<?php
    $conn = mysql_connect('localhost', 'wordpress', 'snifgudBec') or die ('WTF?');
?>

and got:

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in
    /var/www/test.php on line 6

I've also tried reinstalling php4-mysql and restarting apache.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  Guess I'll try again tomorrow.  Or
later today, actually...

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9