[ale] Linspire 5.0 Internet Connection

Roger Hammons egorra at attglobal.net
Thu Nov 30 18:09:55 EST 2006

Jim,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I think it is a DNS issue (doh!).

While connected I was able to ping an IP address (as `12.65.4.39')
but NOT a name (as 'www.yahoo.com').

SOMEWHERE in Linspire I saw references to identifying a DNS (via some
setup wizard which I didn't use) if necessary(?).  I thought the ISP
always provided DNS service automatically, I've never had to do anything
about it before.  Apparently that's NOT happening in this case.  And I
haven't been able to re-find what I think I read earlier.

Thanks to you I think that's the problem, but I'm still stuck.  Any
more ideas?

Roger