[ale] help with LDE [linux disk editor]

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Thu Nov 30 12:26:16 EST 2006

Greg,

I checked the log file after the scan and gpart seems to have guessed
correctly
the now defunct partitions.

However, I don't know enough to surmise if the EXTENDED partition is
properly found,
i.e. it guessed it as a DOS partition, though extended. Are all extended
partitions in ext2
filesystems found to be DOS by gpart ?

The sizes and C/H/S numbers look OK.

I'm ready to write it but don't want to do so until I verify that the
extended should've been
seen by gpart as DOS.

Gratefully,

Courtney